Passion Fruit Flour
Efficient in diabetes control, control cholesterol, reduce cancer cells and
- 100 grams
- Dissolve one teaspoon of fruit passion powder on water or juice and drink half one hour before lunch and dinner. It can mix as well in Milkshake, Yogurt, soup, etc.
Passion fruit nutrition facts
Pleasantly sweet and tart, passion fruit or granadilla is rich in health benefiting plant nutrients. Botanically this exotic fruit belongs to the family of Passifloraceae, of the genus Passiflora. Scientific name: Passiflora edulis.
Passions are native to subtropical wild regions of South America probably originated in Paraguay. The plant is an avid climber (vine) which grows on anything it can grab through tendrils.
The passiflora plant requires well-drained fertile soil and good moisture to flourish. It grows quickly and reaches about 15-20 feet per annum once established. Its average life span is about 5-7 years.
Over five hundred cultivate types exist; however, two main type purple and yellow passion fruits are widely cultivated. During each season, the vine bears greenish-white fragrant flowers. The fruit features round to oval shape, 4 to 8 centimeters in diameter, have a tough shell mangosteen-like rind. Average weight is about 35-50 g.
Inside, the fruit consists of membranous sacs containing light orange-colored, pulpy juice with numerous small, hard, dark-brown or black, pitted seeds. Yellow passions are generally larger than the purple varieties, but the pulp of the purple fruit is less acid, richer in aroma and flavor, and has a higher proportion of juicy pulp.
Health & Nutrition Benefits of Eating Passion Fruit
- The juice of passion fruit reduces cancer cell growth. Though research is underway on this issue, the phytochemicals in the fruit juice are considered to inhibit cancer cell growth.
- The phenolic acids and flavonoids present in the fruit are supposed to possess heart-protecting function.
- The phenolic profile of the fruit is known for its anti-microbial activity.
- Passion fruit is a good source of antioxidants, both water soluble and fat soluble ones.
- Passion fruit is considered good for products which require pasteurization.
- The fruit is quite high in carbohydrates and simple sugars, which improves athletic performance.
- It contains plant sterols, which help in lowering the levels of cholesterol.
- Passion fruit is a reservoir of Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Potassium.
- The seeds of the fruit are very vital sources of fiber.
- It is supposed to possess somniferous properties, which when taken before going to bed, help the person to relax and have a restful sleep.
- It is very good for attaining optimum health and to reduce weight.
Working Hours: from 9 to 21hrs
Tel / Fax - 050-3525-4831