Pack of 100 Grams
Soursop is a fruit with a green skin and thorns, containing a white, soft pulp with a sweet and slightly acidic flavor, and can be eaten raw or used in the preparation of juices, mousses, smoothies and desserts. In addition to the pulp, soursop leaves can also be used in the preparation of teas.
Soursop is a source of fibers that slow down the absorption of sugar from food, promoting control of blood glucose levels and thus preventing insulin resistance and diabetes.
Also known as jaca-do-Pará or jaca-de-poor, soursop has great amounts of vitamin C and flavonoids, compounds with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that fight excess free radicals and reduce inflammation, helping to alleviate problems stomach, such as ulcers and gastritis, and prevent the onset of diseases, such as high blood pressure and cataracts.
Due to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and hypoglycemic properties, graviola promotes several health benefits, including:
1. Relieves inflammatory diseases
Soursop has anti-inflammatory properties promoting the reduction of pro-inflammatory cytokines, which are produced in the body in case of inflammation, being very useful to improve the symptoms of some inflammatory diseases, such as arthritis, arthrosis and rheumatism. Discover other foods with anti-inflammatory properties.
2. Prevents diabetes
Soursop contains great amounts of antioxidants that protect the pancreas cells responsible for insulin production, thus preventing insulin resistance and diabetes.
In addition, soursop also has good amounts of fiber, which slows down the absorption of sugar, helping to balance blood glucose levels, promoting diabetes control in people who already have the disease.
3 - Keep your eyes healthyBy containing lutein, which is an important antioxidant compound for maintaining eye health, soursop helps reduce the risk of developing diseases such as cataracts and macular degeneration, which is associated with age and causes vision damage, including vision loss. Understand how lutein can help maintain eye health.
4. Protects the stomachSoursop has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which reduce the damage caused by free radicals in the stomach and favor the decrease of gastric acidity, being a very beneficial food to protect the stomach, improve digestion and help control some diseases, such as ulcers. and gastritis.
5. Improves anxiety and stressThe soursop leaf contains anonaine and asymilobin, compounds with relaxing properties that act on the central nervous system, interacting with serotonin, a neurotransmitter responsible for mood regulation, thus improving anxiety and stress.
6. Helps control blood pressureSoursop contains potassium, an essential mineral to help eliminate excess sodium from the body through the urine, promoting blood pressure control.In addition, this fruit also has antioxidants that promote artery health and relax blood vessels, facilitating blood circulation and thus helping to control high blood pressure.
7- Strengthens the immune system
Because it is rich in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds, such as vitamin C and quercetin, soursop helps fight excess free radicals and strengthen immune system cells, preventing the emergence of situations such as allergies, flu and colds, for example. example.
8. Combat constipation
Soursop helps fight constipation, because it is rich in water and fiber, which promote natural bowel movements and the formation of fecal cake, facilitating the elimination of feces. See other fruits that help fight constipation.
9. Keeps the body hydrated
Soursop pulp contains around 82 g of water, being an important food to improve body hydration, and can be consumed during hotter climates or during physical activity practices, helping to prevent dehydration.
10. It can help with cancer prevention
Recent studies have shown that soursop is rich in acetogenins, a group of metabolic compounds that have a cytotoxic effect, thus being able to fight cancer cells. In addition, it has been observed in some studies that the consumption of soursop in the long term can prevent and treat several types of cancer, such as breast, colon, lung and prostate.
top of page
bottom of page